Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's, Rootietoot

A salute to the Mother of my children, Rootietoot.

She gives up so much to take care of the family. She drove aged mini-vans for many years, and is last on the wardrobe purchasing priority list. She is always here when they get home from school and listens to how their day went. She does laundry (lots of it) and cooks meal every night (except Sunday). I know sometimes she has to feel like we don't notice all she does, but we do. It has been many years since I didn't have clean socks and underwear in my drawer, and the boys can say the same. I notice, and the boys do too even if we don't always say so. And as they get older, they appreciate the full meal and the time at the dinner table every evening, talking politics, football, and current events.

Thanks Rootie, we all love you so much!

No comments: