Monday, April 23, 2007

Oh yeah this will do....

Interviewing again- I generraly trust my secretary to "pre-screen" applicants, but she occasionally lets one get through. Remember the young man with the hoodie covering everything but his eyes and nose?

So, she interupts my lunch saying she has one I "really need to talk to." O.K. I tell her to bring her on down. It turns out to be an extremely pulchritudinous young woman wearing a halter top and low riser jeans. She has enough metal through holes in her ears, lips, cheeks, and eyebrows to make a new machine for the plant. Tattoed on her right forearm in large letters is "Bossy", on her abdomen just above her jeans is "Delicious", in the back partially obscured by the elastic of her exposed thong is "Lickit". I give her the tour of the plant just like I do all the other applicants who make it past Lauri, and it becomes apparent she is acquainted with several of the guys on the floor. As we walk past each work area the guys stop to watch. "O.K. I'll have to fuss at the guys" I think. It's their problem, not hers.

Until we are walking out of the department and she stops at the door, leans forward to put her hands on her knees, and grinds her hips for about 1.5 seconds.

It took me 30 minutes to get the guys back on task. I'm afraid she might be a disruption.

I asked Lauri what the hell she was thinking. She implied she owed me one for something but was vague about it.

I didn't hire the young lady because she didn't have the computer skills I was looking for.

No comments: